16 Oct 2014

taking the chance

Hey. You know that you're an extraordinary, beautiful human being, shaped by God's very hands? So, let me rephrase my intro.

Hey, you extraordinary, beautiful people. 

I have been finding more and more that whoever said 'time flies' was utterly correct. Strange, isn't it, how you don't realize that time has spread it's wings and taken flight until awhile after? Or, at least, I make that mistake. Often. And now, I'm finding that I'm getting behind in so much, and there's so much I still need to do, and so much I've ruined, and it's all very messy and overwhelming. 
That's why I'm here. To clear my mind, by writing. 
And so, I hope you keep in mind as you read, that this piece of writing brought me joy, not because I think that it's well written, but because writing it did me well.
I hope that you enjoy it as well.

---

It's a yes or no question. Simple, right?
You're waiting patiently for my answer, which makes me think that maybe you know how hard it is for me to make this decision. 
Everything stops, and there I am, standing quietly and without movement. I wonder if you notice the battle I am fighting with myself inside of me. If you notice how the war rages on, with my greatest weapon being the way your green eyes hold my gaze steady.
Comfort zones, I was taught, weren't meant to be left. But who was it that taught me? I'd like to say I don't know. But I do. 
It was me.
And now I'm rebelling against myself, every fiber of my being wanting to break free of what's meant to be safe. What is the point of safe, when it causes you to not live?
And I want to live.
I turn away for a moment.
I can feel the wild air around me, and I breathe it in, absorbing the oxygen it offers. My head feels dizzy with a tender excitement. 
Could I..? Really...? Am I going to...?
I take a step forward. I stop. I look at you again. The green in your eyes is still just as intense.
Then, it becomes clear. So clear, like someone cleaned the window of my mind until it gleamed.

You're still waiting.
I say it. I almost whisper it, but I say it.
"Yes."
And you smile, causing fireworks in my heart.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, per the usual!
    You are an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks so so much, Jordy! You're an amazing writer yourself, you know.

      Delete
  2. I love this series, all the posts are so motivational! You're a great writer :) xx

    Arushee // Unadorned Gifts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arushee. ♥ Your sweet comment meant so much!

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful! Also, I what you mean by time flies. There's never enough to do everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed...time just seems to disappear and slip out of my hands, through my fingers. ;) Thank you very much, Sophie!

      Delete
  4. Whaaaaaa??? How in the world do you even write like that??!?!? I'm truly amazed. I wish I had your beautiful talents. Love you Tane. #bestfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youuuu!!! Thank you, Ali, thank you. xoxo #loveya

      Delete
  5. This is just perfect. I can't even right now.
    - Azia (onehundredyearsforgotten.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Azia...thank you so much. That comment was perfect. ♥

      Delete
  6. Amazing as usual! Time does fly. You write beautifully, as always.
    Kelsi
    Messy Bits
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhhhhhh, yes. <3 This is so sweet.
    Don't you ever stop being beautiful, Tane. And don't ever stop writing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough for your beautiful comment, Bekah. ♥

      Delete
  8. Ohmygoshh totally love this blog posttt So much feels !!!

    What a Wonderful post !!
    I followed ya !
    Hoping for your follow back on GFC !! :*

    xo
    Corinne
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly! I'll go check your blog out.

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh, your writing is just so perfect! So beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you